1. Drink coffee. “It’s one of the biggest sources of antioxidants in the American diet.”
2. Skip the juice. “The glycemic index on that is as bad as Coke. For eight ounces of juice, there’s 14 grams of sugar. People get suckered into thinking, ‘Oh, I’m drinking this juice, it's good for me.’ Skip the juicing if you can moderate your fruit intake. Eat the fruit. Or eat the vegetable.”
3. Eat fats that are high in Omega 3's not so much Omega 6's. Eat foods like avocado, salmon, sardines, grass-fed butter and coconut oil. Also, the occasional shot of cod liver oil everyday will keep your brain pumping and your body happy.
4. Go for long walks. You don't always have to go to the gym. Go for a walk (without your phone if possible) and absorb the nature that surrounds you.
5. A glass of red wine is ok from time to time. However, don't think your getting any worthy antioxidants like grandpa John used to tout. Even prunes and grapes have twice the antioxidants. Go for some raw chocolate (which has 10 times more antioxidants that red wine) or if you're in a hurry or don't want to feel like crap in the morning, take the world's strongest antioxidant - Megahydrate.
6. High-impact exercise can wind up doing as much harm as good. “You can’t be pounding your joints with marathons and pumping iron. You’ll never see me doing CrossFit.” Instead stick to activities like biking, yoga, swimming (especially cold plunging and, yes, walking.
7. Green juice, Green Juice, Green Juice. Find your local juicery or cafe that makes green juice and make a habit of getting one at least once a week. A green juice is a non fruit juice that containers mostly dark leafy greens such as kale, dandelion, spinach, etc. Personally, I'm not a fan of much fruit but a great entry point for your first green juice is to add pineapple or carrot to sweeten it up. Some people shoot for everyday and that great but realistically once a week and you will start feeling like a million bucks.
8. Grass-fed butter on everything. I know that might sound counter-intuitive but new evidence shows that good fats are essential to your diet. After eating a high fat diet for the past 4-5 months know I agree with the experts. Make sure your actually buying grass-fed. I usually go for Kerry Gold. It's sold in most natural food grocery stores nowadays.
9. Eat grass fed meat and wild caught fish like salmon. These are excellence sources of assimilable protein your body can burn and start producing fat burning ketones.
10. Try to stay away from cow’s milk and other non-organic dairy. Use alternative milk instead. The only exception I make to this rule sometimes is Local Grass Fed Organic Raw Milk.
11. Bread is the devil. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but your ass has been jiggling for a couple weeks now. Bread and 99% of all bread like carbs are only going to help you pack on more pounds and develop "Grain Brain".
12. Eat in good company. It’s not just about what you eat, but how you eat, and how much you and your friends enjoy a meal together: “Laughter is the secret sauce to longevity". Avoid consuming food while being distracted on your phone. Be conscious about what you eat. Whether you bless Jesus de Cristo or just say thank you, positive intention while eating